Please read the information in this section carefully and make sure you understand it completely. Make certain that all warnings and instructions in this document and marked on the system components are carefully followed.
Unplug this system from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid or aerosol cleaners. Use a dry, soft cloth for cleaning. Make certain the components are completely dry before inserting into an outside wall outlet.
Mounting the camera properly
|·||Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.|
|·||Mount the camera high and out of reach so the angle of the front of the camera tilts down, allowing the sun-shield to shade the sensor, thus providing the best quality picture.|
|·||Mount the camera out of reach of water sprinklers to avoid water spotting the lens cover and degrading the image quality.|
|·||Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other device that produce heat.|
|·||Maintain a minimum distance of at least 6 inches around device for sufficient ventilation.|
Electric Shock Hazard
When properly installed and configured, the Logitech Alert equipment is designed to protect users from exposure to hazardous voltage levels. This system should only be operated from the type of power source indicated in this guide and on the system’s label. If you are not sure of the type of power supplied to your home or building, consult your local power company. There are no user serviceable components within any of the equipment enclosures. Users should not attempt to repair camera equipment. Malfunctioning equipment should be serviced using the guidelines found in this manual. If an enclosure does accidentally come open, remove the power to the unit before handling it in any way.
Lightning also presents a real, but unlikely source of hazardous electric shock. As with all electrical equipment, it is best to unplug the components during an electrical storm. This is especially recommended for Cameras mounted on exterior windows. If the camera equipment is installed in an area subject to frequent electrical storms, equipment damage and user exposure to hazardous voltages can be minimized by the proper installation of lightning rods and lightning arrestors. Please contact a licensed electrician for further assistance.
Reasonable care should be taken to minimize the possibility of components experiencing physical shock. Because of its many mounting configurations, the Outdoor camera are particularly vulnerable to damage by falling. Use the following guidelines to protect it:
• If you want to relocate the mounted camera, be sure to turn off the power before moving and remounting it.
• Protect the power cord and cable from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
• Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing may be required when the device has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, objects have fallen into the device, the device does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
Power supply warning
Your product has a power supply. The power supply is weatherproof and can be installed outdoors. Use these tips to ensure reliable power supply usage. Make sure the outdoor outlet is weatherproof.
Please follow these safety guidelines
• To maintain proper cooling and minimize water exposure, Do NOT mount the power supply so that it lays horizontally or flat.
• Do NOT mount the power supply upside down. Keep the cable connector port on the bottom.
• Avoid direct sunlight.
Caution: If left in the sunlight, surface may become hot to the touch.
• Use the power supply that comes with your product; do not use any other power supply.
• Do not use power supply with any other product except the Alert camera.
• Do not use a damaged power supply or attempt to repair one that is damaged.
• Do not immerse the power supply in water or subject it to physical abuse.
• Inspect the power supply regularly for damage to its cable, plug, and body.
• Do not route in an area where the plug is exposed to moisture.
• Plug the power supply to the nearest power outlet.
• Do not plug your power supply into a surge protector or UPS.
Infrared Illumination LED Notes & Warnings
Your camera contains a built-in infrared (IR) filter. In low-light conditions, the built-in IR illuminators turn on and the filter is removed. Without the IR filter, colors have a different appearance. Green foliage in sunlit outdoor scenes may appear grayish-green in comparison to the IR filter used in the standard lens. During illuminated dark scenes, images will appear to be black and white. Some materials reflect and absorb IR light differently than visible light, so some illuminated objects may appear lighter or darker than expected.
The LEDs used in the camera are “class 1″ infrared radiating devices and comply with the International Standards EN 60825-1. Users should follow the proper use rules below. Usage other than specified here may cause hazardous radiation exposure.
|·||Do not look directly into the camera for extended periods of time. Be aware that the beam is invisible light and cannot be seen.|
|·||Keep it out of reach of children.|
|·||Do not try to replace or repair the camera. The LED components are not user-replaceable.|
|·||Do not scratch the lens.|
|·||Wipe the protective glass shield over the lens and LEDs periodically with a clean, soft cloth.|
|·||Dispose of the camera according to the laws and regulations of your region. For example, at a recycling center that accepts electronic devices.|