McAfee distributes its firewall product in several packages including Internet Security Suite, Personal Firewall Plus, and Desktop Firewall. Though there are some differences in the UI, they are largely the same. Like other PC firewall products, McAfee provides both automatic and manual configuration interfaces. By default, Personal Firewall will automatically prompt you to allow .exe to access the Internet. Follow these instructions to ensure the McAfee firewall does not interfere with the operation of the Commander.
Enable the Commander Automatically
When you first start the Commander, McAfee Firewall will automatically provide you with a security notice, asking you whether you want to Grant or Block Internet access. You should always choose GRANT ACCESS when the program name is .exe.
|1.||Run the Commander.|
|2.||Check “Remember this setting” and click the Allow button on both the “New Program” and Server Program dialogs.|
Enable the Commander Manually
In some cases, you may need to manually configure the firewall. This process is not difficult. Follow these steps to complete the manual firewall setup:
1. Open the McAfee SecurityCenter either from the Start menu or by right- clicking on the McAfee icon in the Windows Task bar.
2. On the McAfee SecurityCenter page, click the Personal Firewall Plus tab to show the Firewall Control Page. Next, click the “View the Internet Application List” to show a list of managed programs.
3 .From the Internet Applications page, click the “New Allowed Application” link to open the Select Application dialog. Now enter “c:Program FilesLogitechLogitech AlertLogitech Alert Commander.exe” in the File name field, and click Open.
4. Finally, you can confirm that the Commander is in the Internet Applications list and marked as “Allow Full Access” along with other networked applications.
5. You have now successfully configured McAfee, but remember that you may have more than one firewall application running on your PC. You need to disable or configure each one.
6. Finally, you may need to exit the Commander (from the task icon) and restart for the changes to take effect.