AVG may not ask you unique Access Permissions for the Logitech Alert Commander installation. If it does, however, allow access to all requests during the installation and Logitech Update process.
The level of the security used in AVG Firewall is dependant upon your choice here. Because of this we recommend you to pay close attention to AVG Firewall Configuration Wizard. In the wizard you will be first asked what type of computer you are using. Selecting desktop computer will allow you to select one profile. Selecting the Laptop option will create all available options so that you can switch between them.
The Logitech Alert Commander uses your home network. Because of this, we encourage you to use the option: Small home or office network – marked as “Directly via wired or wireless router”.
This profile corresponds with the Standalone computer profile but in addition also allows “Microsoft file sharing and printing” service and Network diagnostics (Replies on ICMP network diagnostics) for Safe networks. To fully use this profile, it is recommended to define your local network in your Firewall profile configuration and consider the Network safety as being “Safe”.
1. Open AVG.
2. Click on the menu “Tools”.
3. Click on “Firewall settings”.
4. Click on “Small home or office network”.
If you use a laptop for both home connection and connection to the corporate network, please choose the „Laptop” option. After the laptop is connected to the corporate network, temporarily switch profiles in the AVG Firewall.
5. Select “Defined networks”.
6. Click on “Add Network”.
7. Click “Add IP”.
8. Go to “IP Address / Mask” and define your local network IP range (e.g. 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.0.0 is equal to IP range from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255) and switch “Network safety” to “Safe”.
You can name such a network as “My Logitech Alert zone”.
Manually changing application rules
Define the Logitech Alert Commander application as:
|·||Allow for all: communication of this application is fully allowed.|
To access and modify this application rule:
1. Open AVG User Interface.
2. Choose the Firewall settings option from the Tools menu.
3. Select the Profiles -> your default profile (e.g. Standalone computer) -> Applications.